There are lots of people around you who can help you cope with your parents splitting up. Sometimes, just talking to a friend can help a lot, especially if his or her parents have also split up. You can also talk to an adult you trust, like:

  • A relative (an aunt or uncle, or your grandmother or grandfather).
  • Your teacher.
  • Your school counselor.
  • Someone at your place of worship.
  • Your family doctor.

These people can help by:

  • Just listening.
  • Helping you to put things in perspective.
  • Suggesting things you can do to make things better.
  • Connecting you with other people who can help.

Call the National Domestic Violence Helpline at 1-800-799-SAFE to talk to someone now.